airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating Apache Aurora and Marathon with Airavata
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 16:11:14 GMT

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 5:24 PM, Gourav Rattihalli <grattih1@binghamton.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Dev's,
>
> I'm working on integrating Apache Aurora and Marathon. I have completed the implementation
of a Java based library that can connect to a running instances of Aurora and Marathon to
submit and monitor jobs. Now, I would like to integrate this Java library with GFAC and Orchestrator
so that the job launch can be done by Airavata. Could anyone please guide me on this integration?
An example would be great on how to add a new resource management framework to Airavata.

Hi Gourav,

A good example will be to see how the SSH based job submissions work and write your own implementations.

For example:

This is the task interface - https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/modules/gfac/gfac-core/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/gfac/core/task/Task.java

And here are some task implementations - https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/master/modules/gfac/gfac-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/gfac/impl/task
<https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/master/modules/gfac/gfac-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/gfac/impl/task>

Walking through one concrete implementations like Local submissions or SSH or BES will get
you an understanding on how to do a similar one for Aurora and Marathon.

Suresh