airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggesting to have one Airavata Distribution for all components.
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:37:37 GMT
Hi Sachith,

You can think it like sever profiles too, but instead of mulitple servers
we have multiple components. The different is, Airavata is one complete
server and can has different component ( like micro services) deployment
patterns which can be vary based on use-case and availability of resources.
If set of components depend on each other and independent of any other
component, then we can have different server profile to start this sub set
of component as one server profile. But I don't see such set of sub
components other than whole component set. In that case we can have
"airavata-server-start.sh -airavata" to start all component in one JVM. But
if we can find out the most frequently use deployment patten/s then we can
introduce multiple server profile to make it easy to start mulitple
component on same JVM with one command line option.

Thanks,
Shameera.

--
Shameera Rathnayaka