airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Coulter <coulter...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata with Ansible
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:35:41 GMT
Thanks, Suresh and Marlon!

I also just added instructions on doing this in VIrtualBox to the README
(copied below) - feel free to bug me if they don't work/make sense.

Cheers,
Eric C.

To try this out on VirtualBox:

   1. Get a copy of CentOS7:
   http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1511.iso
   2. Install VirtualBox
   3. Enable host-only networking! Go to
   File->Preferences->Networks->Host-only and hit "add" (on the right, with a
   + icon)
   4. create a new VM in VirtualBox (The big blue "new" button)
   5. Choose "Linux" and "Redhat 64bit" for the first parameters
   6. Go through the system specs process (2GB RAM and 10GB disk space
   should be fine)
   7. After that, go to "settings", add a second network interface, and
   enable a host-only interface
   8. Then, select Storage->Optical Drive, and choose the CentOS iso that
   you just downloaded.
   9. Start your VM! Begin the CentOS installation. Don't forget your root
   password!!!
   10. When you log in the first time, you'll have to make sure of three
   things:
      1. disable selinux (in /etc/selinux/config, change enabled ->
      disabled)
      2. set the hostname! use the command "hostnamectl set-hosthame
      myhostname.localdomain"
      3. make sure your ethernet interfaces working & will come back on
      boot (in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enp0s? change onboot=no to
      onboot=yes)
         - check interface names with "ip addr"
         - bring them up with ifup enp0s3 (for example)
      4. Now, reboot to fully disable selinux - 11.check ip addr when it
      comes back, should be something like 192.168.56.101
      5. You should be able to ssh in to your VM from your standard
      terminal - the interface through VirtualBox is pretty rough, and hard to
      get nice features like copy-paste from your host machine working.
   11. Now, yum install git, clone this repo, and let me know how it goes!