airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sachith Withana <sach...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Suggesting to have one Airavata Distribution for all components.
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:23:55 GMT
Hi Shameera,

AFAIU, what you are referring to as "distributions" are actually server
profiles?
Rather than having separate distributions, it would be better to have
Server profiles in a higher level but allow granular level control if
necessary.

My knowledge on Airavata is totally out of date, but for the sake of this
example, bear with me.

Let's assume that the analytics server is composed of the registry,
monitoring and data analytics.

There should be server profiles where upon starting, it would start all the
necessary components all by itself.
Ex: airavata-server-start.sh -AnalyticsServer

should start all the components ( monitoring, data analytics ...).

But component level startups should also be allowed to provide more
flexibility.
ex: airavata-server-start.sh -monitoring -analytics

This would allow the user to customize their deployment accordingly ( ex:
load balancing scenarios).

That's my two cents on the matter.

But definitely having one script to cater all the profiles would be really
helpful.

Regards,
Sachith

--