airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Connection timeout settings
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 18:04:57 GMT
We have an occasional issue of connection timeouts when performing remote SSH operations. This
has a potentially bad side effect of successfully launching a large job but not getting back
the Job ID. One straightforward fix is to use longer than the default connection timeout in
the Jsch clients.

Looking through the code, I don’t see that we are doing this. Is this correct?   Would there
be some unintended consequences for using something longer, like 60 seconds? The default is
20 seconds.

There is also a longer discussion about the right way to handle these events in the first
place. We may not want to depend on the standard output at all. Increasing the timeouts would
at least put a bandaid on the current issue.

Marlon