airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangir...@gmail.com>
Subject Floating IPs association issue fixed on Jetstream
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 23:56:59 GMT
Hello,

Dropping this mail for teams awareness about a network issue faced on
Jetstream Openstack.

Pankaj and I were facing a problem with association of Floating IPs to the
VMs provisioned on Jetstream using scigap credentials, and thus the VMs
could not be accessed publicly.

We also noticed further that the Network Topology in the Horizon UI refused
to load.

After following up on this issue with Mike Lowe on Jetstream Slack channel,
it was realized that it was possibly because of a firewall rule induced by
some security update which blocked some traffic on the compute nodes.

The issue was then resolved by Mike and the topology loaded fine.

Further, I noticed that the router configuration did not have an interface
for airavata network to be connected to public network. I added the
interface back and now the floating IP association seems to work fine.

Thanks and Regards,
Mangirish Wagle