airavata-dev mailing list archives

From K Yoshimoto <kenn...@sdsc.edu>
Subject Re: Connection timeout settings
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 19:04:34 GMT
For the longer discussion, maybe some type of journaling system to
track, re-do, clean up remote execution might be good...

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 06:04:57PM +0000, Pierce, Marlon wrote:
> We have an occasional issue of connection timeouts when performing remote SSH operations.
This has a potentially bad side effect of successfully launching a large job but not getting
back the Job ID. One straightforward fix is to use longer than the default connection timeout
in the Jsch clients.

> Looking through the code, I don’t see that we are doing this. Is this correct?   Would
there be some unintended consequences for using something longer, like 60 seconds? The default
is 20 seconds.

> There is also a longer discussion about the right way to handle these events in the first
place. We may not want to depend on the standard output at all. Increasing the timeouts would
at least put a bandaid on the current issue.