airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenStack network API implementation
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 20:36:01 GMT
Thanks Gourav for the contribution. Very neat. Yes this will be handy when new accounts on
a cluster do not have a pre-created network. We will review this PR and commit it.

Suresh

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 4:18 PM, Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh <goshenoy@indiana.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have written an implementation for creation and setup of network for OpenStack cloud
(eg: Jetstream). I have created a pull request to apache airavata repo (develop branch) from
my forked repo’s develop branch.

> https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/33 <https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/33>
>
> The code allows APIs to perform the following:
> 1.       Create/Delete a network.
> 2.       Create/Delete a subnet for a network with a specific CIDR.
> 3.       Create/Delete a router and attach it to an external gateway.
> 4.       Attach/Detach a router to/from a subnet via an interface.
>
> The code is part of the OpenStackInfImpl.java. I have added a unit test in CloudIntfTest.java
that gives a gist of how the flow proceeds for setting up a complete network. I have also
added steps in the README file.