airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Congratulations and Welcome to GSOC 2016 Students
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 20:59:05 GMT
First and foremost congratulations to every one who have applied for GSOC for Apache Airavata
based projects. This year we had many quality proposals and great effort from you all. If
you did not make it into the program, do not be disappointed. GSOC goal is to help introduce
you to open source. You have already done that through your interactions and contributions.
I encourage you to continue on irrespective of the GSOC tag. Airavata and other Apache projects
value your volunteer contributions and eventually meritocratically reward you with committer
privileges and project management committee memberships.

For the students who made it through the program, congratulations and sorry that you to very
hard now.

Its important to remind yourself that GSOC is an opportunities to embrace the open source
cluster. A key philosophy we follow on apache is “it it did not happen on mailing lists
it did not”. So a key evaluation criteria will be how well you are communicating and engaging
others.

Few things you want to get done during the community bonding period which started today:

* Get your laptop working environment with Airavata
* Make sure you are subscribed to all mailing lists - http://airavata.apache.org/mailing-list.html
* Engage and familiarize yourself with whats happening in Airavata.
* Make a small bug fix and send a pull request.

Cheers,
Suresh