airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Saha <psa...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Re: Jetstream VM creation through Airavata
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 19:18:09 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I had a discussion with Mangirish today morning and we could figure out
through debugging that java code getting authentication exception when
trying to authenticate the user with openstack.
NOVA client for openstack did work well and I have also tested with
credentials to directly login into the portal.
I have replicated the same in another system in my same lab network and the
test case still failing for the same status-401, authentication error.

I have followed these below steps:

   1. generated rsa key
   2. downloaded airavata from git, switched it to "develop" branch
   3. changed the required property values for openstack.
   4. run : mvn clean install from inside the cloud/cloud-provisioning
   module.

It's definitely not the firewall issue as its failing in the authentication
stage. I am attaching my property file for reference, please let me know if
you find anything wrong in this.
*test_data.properties*

# Common properties
> publicKeyFile=/home/psaha4/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
> # Jetstream properties
> jetstream_imageId=448636b0-450a-4b49-9bfe-b3135fc443e8
> jetstream_flavorId=3
> OS_PROJECT_DOMAIN_NAME=tacc
> OS_USER_DOMAIN_NAME=tacc
> OS_PROJECT_NAME=scigap
> OS_TENANT_NAME=scigap
> OS_USERNAME=scigap
> OS_PASSWORD=<not exposing the password here>
> OS_AUTH_URL=https://jblb.jetstream-cloud.org:35357/v3
> OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3
> # Network Properties
> OS_FLOATING_IP_POOL=public
> OS_SUBNET_NAME=airavata

Can someone send me jetstream_openrc.properties and test_data.properties
file from a working environment in  a separate email so that I can place
them and test from my system once.

Thanks
Pankaj

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu> wrote:

> Hi Shameera,
> I have received the password from Mangirish and I am using the same
> details as he has provided.
> Regarding the jetstream keypair, my understanding is, during the test run
> it fetches the public key from the properties file and send it to the
> jetstream servers.  Please let me know how I need to configure it
> separately.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 8:48 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
> shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pankaj,
>>
>> To work with your ssh keys you need to add them to jetstream keypair.
>> Have you done that part?
>>
>> also you are not providing correct the OS_PASSWORD value accordding to
>> above deatils.
>>
>> Shameera.
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have just use maven to build the same project. here is thedetails
>>> # Common properties
>>> publicKeyFile=/home/psaha4/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
>>>
>>> # Jetstream properties
>>> jetstream_imageId=448636b0-450a-4b49-9bfe-b3135fc443e8
>>> jetstream_flavorId=3
>>>
>>> OS_PROJECT_DOMAIN_NAME=tacc
>>> OS_USER_DOMAIN_NAME=tacc
>>> OS_PROJECT_NAME=scigap
>>> OS_TENANT_NAME=scigap
>>> OS_USERNAME=scigap
>>> OS_PASSWORD=<not exposing here>
>>> OS_AUTH_URL=https://jblb.jetstream-cloud.org:35357/v3
>>> OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3
>>>
>>> # Network Properties
>>> OS_FLOATING_IP_POOL=public
>>> OS_SUBNET_NAME=airavata
>>>
>>> The test case error that I am getting for the Test case is al below:
>>>  T E S T S
>>> Running org.apache.airavata.cloud.test.CloudIntfTest
>>> AuthenticationException{message=Unauthorized, status=401}
>>> at
>>> org.openstack4j.core.transport.HttpExceptionHandler.mapException(HttpExceptionHandler.java:36)
>>> at
>>> org.openstack4j.core.transport.HttpExceptionHandler.mapException(HttpExceptionHandler.java:23)
>>> at
>>> org.openstack4j.openstack.internal.OSAuthenticator.authenticateV3(OSAuthenticator.java:161)
>>> at
>>> org.openstack4j.openstack.internal.OSAuthenticator.invoke(OSAuthenticator.java:78)
>>> at
>>> org.openstack4j.openstack.client.OSClientBuilder$ClientV3.authenticate(OSClientBuilder.java:163)
>>> at
>>> org.openstack4j.openstack.client.OSClientBuilder$ClientV3.authenticate(OSClientBuilder.java:127)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.airavata.cloud.openstack.OS4JClientProvider.getOSClientV3(OS4JClientProvider.java:86)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.airavata.cloud.openstack.OS4JClientProvider.getOSClient(OS4JClientProvider.java:49)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.airavata.cloud.intf.impl.OpenstackIntfImpl.<init>(OpenstackIntfImpl.java:78)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.airavata.cloud.test.CloudIntfTest.jetstreamCreateDeleteServerTest(CloudIntfTest.java:77)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>> at
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:283)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeWithRerun(JUnit4Provider.java:173)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:153)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:128)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:203)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> at
>>> org.apache.airavata.cloud.intf.impl.OpenstackIntfImpl.getKeyPair(OpenstackIntfImpl.java:215)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.airavata.cloud.test.CloudIntfTest.jetstreamCreateDeleteServerTest(CloudIntfTest.java:92)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>> at
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
>>> at
>>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
>>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:283)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeWithRerun(JUnit4Provider.java:173)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:153)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:128)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:203)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)
>>> [main] ERROR org.apache.airavata.cloud.intf.impl.OpenstackIntfImpl -
>>> Failed to retrieve keypair: testKey
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> at
>>> org.apache.airavata.cloud.intf.impl.OpenstackIntfImpl.createKeyPair(OpenstackIntfImpl.java:197)
>>> at