airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC Proposal] Cloud based clusters for Apache Airavata
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 04:56:49 GMT
Hello,

I have created a new pull request for cloud-provisioning project after
making all the changes suggested during the code review conducted today
during the meeting with Suresh and Shameera. Following is the link:-
https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/31

Also, for the team's awareness, we have managed to configure a new network
topology in the Jetstream Openstack cloud. The name of the network is
"airavata" and it is connected to the "public" network using a router. This
now enables us to provision instances and associate publicly accessible
floating IPs so that they are accessible (over ssh) from Internet.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Mangirish

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:08 AM, Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangirish@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> associated keypair and delete operation on Jetstream Openstack using scigap
> credentials. A README file added to the project contain the steps to test
> run the project.
>
> The current code does not handle the network setup that is required to
> make the virtual machines created, accessible over the public network. I
> shall work on getting this done as soon as I find some time out of my
> academic activities and schedule.
>
> I have created following pull request for the current code from my forked
> repo to Airavata repo:-
>
> https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/30
>
> You may please review and let me know your comments.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mangirish
>

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mangirish,
>>
>> Yes now I noticed the scaling within the heat section. Yes it makes sense
>> to leave it behind the orchestration layer not to re-invent that logic.
>>
>> Airavata Orchestrator will be the natural plan to call the provisioning
>> service and bootstrap the mesos cluster.  The ansible I referred to are not
>> yet contributed into the repo. I am cc’ing Pankaj and Renan who can
>> probably make that contribution. You can read about their effort in
>> http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cpe.3708/full
>>
>> Renan,
>>
>> Mangirish is proposing a project to programmatically interact with Cloud
>> Interfaces (like Open Stack on Jetstream) and provision resources. I would
>> assume then the component you have developed will take over and bootstrap
>> the mesos cluster which GFac can then submit jobs to (through Aurora).
>>
>> Suresh
>>

>> On Mar 24, 2016, at 9:14 PM, Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangirish@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was trying to understand the end result flow of the Airavata with Cloud
>> Orchestrator and had the following question:-
>>
>> Once the cluster has been setup, as we discussed, an ansible or some
>> configuration management tool would boostrap and configure mesos. Which
>> component in Airavata would host and call the ansible script and what event
>> would trigger it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mangirish
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Mangirish Wagle <
>> vaglomangirish@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your feedback Suresh!
>>>
>>> I have mentioned about the Autoscaling in the Heat Orchestration
>>> solution, which does the dynamic scaling of resources in an existing cloud.
>>> Please let me know if you think that needs to be restructured.
>>>
>>> Also, I have updated the Google doc and Wiki with the revised proposal,
>>> after making changes as per Marlon's review comments.
>>>
>>> I request you to please review again and check if there is anything that

I create

Airavata

The

JClouds