airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Gourav Rattihalli <gratt...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Design of Mesos/Aurora integration with Airavata on Jetstream
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:01:00 GMT
Hi Dev's,

I have been working on the integration of Apache Aurora and Mesos with
Airavata and Jetstream. Using Mangirish's latest code, VMs can now be
created using on Jetstream. I want to understand how Airavata is likely to
use the VMs for applications. Will airavata re-use existing VMs for
successive applications for a given community, or will new VMs be created
for each application? This will decide how we design the automated creation
of a Mesos cluster using the new VMs that are created. I understand that we
will have a Mesos master VM that will run all the time on Jetstream.

Here is the Job submission flow that I am assuming:

Airavata Client--> Airavata Server-->(Orchestrator-->GFAC)
-->My-Apache-Aurora-module-->(A script will create .aurora configuration
file that will be used to launch the job)-->Aurora/Mesos-->VMs

So, I will design a module that will work with Orchestrator-->GFAC to
generate the appropriate Apache Aurora script to be submitted to the Aurora
master.

Please let me know if there are any comments, suggestions on this plan.

--
Regards,
Gourav Rattihalli