airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <smarru.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website Redesign update
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:17:14 GMT

This is an expected warning since the default (and only) branch is asf-site. Git is looking
for non existant master branch.

Just do a git checkout asf-site and you should be good.

Suresh

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 2:12 PM, Pierce, Marlon <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>
> I am not able to check out:
>
>  git clone  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata-site.git
> Cloning into 'airavata-site'...
> remote: Counting objects: 158, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (146/146), done.
> remote: Total 158 (delta 28), reused 104 (delta 9)
> Receiving objects: 100% (158/158), 5.61 MiB | 3.07 MiB/s, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (28/28), done.
> Checking connectivity... done.
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>

> From: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
> Date: Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:16 PM
> To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Website Redesign update
>
> Hi Nipurn,
>
> I converted the website into a Jekyll based site. I still retained all your html as it
is, but plan to move content into mark down format as much as possible so it will be easier
to edit and not worry about formatting.

> Here is an important change and I documented in the README - https://github.com/apache/airavata-site/blob/asf-site/README.md
>
> * Now the sources are in the parent folder of the git repo. You will see that, they are
the same HTML content with just the header and footer moved into _includes folder.
> * Do not directly edit the *content* folder. This will need to be generated by Jekyll
using “jekyll build”.

> Lets keep working on the content.
>
> Suresh
>

>> On Apr 6, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nipurn,
>>
>> This is an excellent thought. I really like the concept and the thought process you
are walking through the logo design.

repo -  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata-site.git .
>>> Git mirror -  https://github.com/apache/airavata-site
>>> There are no special requirements to run the current website redesign iterations
as they are based out of pure html/css/js. All you have to do is run index.html inside the
'content' folder after checking it out.

>>> You will find some links not working and titles having Lorem-ipsum text under
them which we aim to fill up with relevant content in the coming days. Suggestions/comments
are most welcome.

logo which can also be seen on website iterations, here - http://bit.ly/airavata-logo-draft