airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Airavata Website & Logo Redesign
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:39:17 GMT
Thanks, Suresh --this is great!

As much as we'd like to, issuing a press release about a project identity/site overhaul isn't
considered "newsworthy". Heck, even the ASF's new logo didn't get one ;-)

Having said that, what would be great is if the PMC wrote a blog post about how you rallied
together to make this (non-technical) project work. I'll be happy to promote your write-up
on Twitter and the Apache weekly news round-up (I send this to our media/analyst list as well).

I'll be on standby, so whenever you're ready or have any questions, just let me know.

Warm regards,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Suresh Marru" <smarru@apache.org>
To: "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>, "Nipurn Doshi" <nidoshi@umail.iu.edu>,
<sthapar@indiana.edu>
Cc: "Airavata Dev" <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: Airavata Website &amp; Logo Redesign
Date: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 17:04

Hi Sally,
Motivated by the new ASF logo refresh, we now have a new website and logo for Apache Airavata
- http://airavata.apache.org. We still have work to do to add ASF logos, adding TM, press
kit and so forth with the new designs. We kind of pulled the trigger to launch it so we can
motivate ourselves to fix the non working links and add more text quickly.

Do you have a suggestion on how we can publicize the new identity? A blog post, PR? We need
to hold on a bit while so we get through all the loose ends, but just a heads-up.

Suresh

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1847
[2] - http://airavata.apache.org/logo.html