airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repo request for Airavata Website Redesign
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 08:41:37 GMT
Hi Nipurn,

This is now setup.

The repo is - https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata-site.git

By Saturday morning it will be mirrored to https://github.com/apache/airavata-site <https://github.com/apache/airavata-site>

Note that the site will not have a master branch. But will only have a branch by name asf-site.
(this is required for Apache to auto publish the websites - https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available
<https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available>)

Its normal for you to see the warning - “warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref,
unable to checkout.”  This is because of the missing default master. branch You can immediately
checkout ‘asf-site’ branch.

Alternatively you can directly clone the branch itself - warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent
ref, unable to checkout.

Note that, the generated HTML you are working on should be put inside the ‘content’ directory.
After we take this version live, we can then make it MarkDown based so it will ease to edit.
So the parent folder will have raw markdown sources and we can use Jekyll to generate the
html into the content folder. For now, you can directly work inside the ‘content’ and
consider it as the root folder for the website.

Suresh

> On Mar 31, 2016, at 6:45 PM, Nipurn Doshi <nidoshi@umail.iu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Suresh,
>
> Any updates on this?
>
> On Mar 29, 2016 4:54 PM, "Suresh Marru" <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Nipurn,
>
> Since rest of Airavata repos are in git, it makes sense to move this repo to git as well.
I will work with INFRA to get this setup.

> Suresh
>

>> On Mar 29, 2016, at 2:02 PM, Nipurn Doshi <nidoshi@umail.iu.edu <mailto:nidoshi@umail.iu.edu>>
wrote:

>> Hi Dev,
>>
>> I wanted to request a repo space to put up the ongoing redesign of Airavata website.
I want everyone to start pitching in, in terms of content and suggestions, so we can move
forward to the new look and feel of Airavata as a project.