airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website Redesign update
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 17:16:48 GMT
Hi Nipurn,

I converted the website into a Jekyll based site. I still retained all your html as it is,
but plan to move content into mark down format as much as possible so it will be easier to
edit and not worry about formatting.

Here is an important change and I documented in the README - https://github.com/apache/airavata-site/blob/asf-site/README.md
<https://github.com/apache/airavata-site/blob/asf-site/README.md>

* Now the sources are in the parent folder of the git repo. You will see that, they are the
same HTML content with just the header and footer moved into _includes folder.
* Do not directly edit the *content* folder. This will need to be generated by Jekyll using
“jekyll build”.

Lets keep working on the content.

Suresh

> On Apr 6, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Nipurn,
>
> This is an excellent thought. I really like the concept and the thought process you are
walking through the logo design.

-  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata-site.git <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata-site.git>
.
>> Git mirror -  https://github.com/apache/airavata-site <https://github.com/apache/airavata-site>
>> There are no special requirements to run the current website redesign iterations
as they are based out of pure html/css/js. All you have to do is run index.html inside the
'content' folder after checking it out.

>> You will find some links not working and titles having Lorem-ipsum text under them
which we aim to fill up with relevant content in the coming days. Suggestions/comments are
most welcome.

which can also be seen on website iterations, here - http://bit.ly/airavata-logo-draft <http://bit.ly/airavata-logo-draft>