airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Website Redesign update
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:12:50 GMT
I am not able to check out:

 git clone  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata-site.git

Cloning into 'airavata-site'...

remote: Counting objects: 158, done.

Receiving objects: 100% (158/158), 5.61 MiB | 3.07 MiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (28/28), done.

Checking connectivity... done.

warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

From: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
Date: Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:16 PM
To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Website Redesign update

Hi Nipurn,

I converted the website into a Jekyll based site. I still retained all your html as it is,
but plan to move content into mark down format as much as possible so it will be easier to
edit and not worry about formatting.

Here is an important change and I documented in the README - https://github.com/apache/airavata-site/blob/asf-site/README.md

* Now the sources are in the parent folder of the git repo. You will see that, they are the
same HTML content with just the header and footer moved into _includes folder.
* Do not directly edit the *content* folder. This will need to be generated by Jekyll using
“jekyll build”.

Lets keep working on the content.

Suresh

On Apr 6, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>