airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jetstream VM creation through Airavata
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 19:36:17 GMT
Thats nice. Few suggestions:

* Eclipse or IDEA are good to write code, but to build and run tests from maven, command line
is the best option.
* Please use the mailing lists as much as possible so rest of us can also contribute. If even
you use hangouts, please take time to explain what the issue is so it engages every one.

I am able to run the test cases and am able to program against OpenstackIntfImpl just fine.
Can you elaborate on what is the authentication issue you are running into?

Suresh

> On Apr 20, 2016, at 3:30 PM, Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Suresh,
>
> I just had a hangout session with Mangirish regarding the same. It looks like an authentication
issue with openstack which he is aware of. He has explained me his code and I am going to
retry fixing the problem.

> I did not use maven to build his project instead I have export his project as eclipse
(mvn eclipse:eclipse) and trying to run the junit test.

> Will update you once I find something new.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj
>

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Pankaj,
>
> Can you please be more clear? What is failing? Did you try to build it using maven within
the cloud provisioning directory itself? Did you change the public key file in the test_data.properties?

> Suresh
>
>> On Apr 20, 2016, at 2:56 PM, Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu <mailto:psaha4@binghamton.edu>>
wrote:

>> I am able to get Mangirish's code in the develop branch. After making it an eclipse
project, when I am trying to run it as JUnit test, it's failing.
>> Need help to fix this, possibly some configuration changes in the properties file
or similar.
>> It will be great we can talk over a hangout session or at least a chat session to
make it work.

>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangirish@gmail.com <mailto:vaglomangirish@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi Pankaj,
>>
>> You may find a sample test code for the module in this unit test file:-
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/develop/modules/cloud/cloud-provisioning/src/test/java/org/apache/airavata/cloud/test/CloudIntfTest.java
<https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/develop/modules/cloud/cloud-provisioning/src/test/java/org/apache/airavata/cloud/test/CloudIntfTest.java>

>> Also, if you want to test run the code, you may please follow this quick README:-
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/develop/modules/cloud/cloud-provisioning/README
<https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/develop/modules/cloud/cloud-provisioning/README>

>> Please let me know if you need some more info or code walkthrough. Sending you the
jetstream openrc credentials separately.

- https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/develop/modules/cloud/cloud-provisioning <https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/develop/modules/cloud/cloud-provisioning>

>> Suresh
>>
>>> On Apr 20, 2016, at 11:37 AM, Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu <mailto:psaha4@binghamton.edu>>
wrote:

>>> Hello Mangirish,
>>> I have latest Airavata mater branch installed in my local system. Can you please
give us some clue how to start creating the VMs through you application. Please specify where
we can find your corresponding java code. Is it through PGA website?