airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC Proposal] In-Situ Simulation Monitoring and Analysis Using Apache Airavata
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 19:44:28 GMT
Nice work Jeff. Briefly skimming through the code, I see you are writing the tool from a general
sense and not OpenMM specific, great. I was able to follow your instructions and start the
web interface, very slick indeed.

Suresh

> On Apr 11, 2016, at 3:12 PM, Jeffery Kinnison <Jeffery.D.Kinnison.1@nd.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the long silence, my semester hit peak workload about the same time as the
proposal deadline.

> I've written a small POC in Python for parallel data collection and streaming, available
at https://github.com/jeffkinnison/simstream <https://github.com/jeffkinnison/simstream>.
The current idea is to spin up a small server
>  alongside a job, and within the server to implement a REST API for retrieving collected
data. Currently, event monitoring and handling are not implemented, but I'm planing on working
on that this week.

> Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> Best,
> Jeff K.
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Sandra Gesing <sandra.gesing@nd.edu <mailto:sandra.gesing@nd.edu>>
wrote:
> Great!
>
> Best,
> Sandra

> Sandra Gesing
> Research Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
> Computational Scientist, Center for Research Computing
> University of Notre Dame
> http://www3.nd.edu/~sgesing <http://www3.nd.edu/~sgesing>
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Jeffery Kinnison <Jeffery.D.Kinnison.1@nd.edu <mailto:Jeffery.D.Kinnison.1@nd.edu>>
wrote:
> Thank you, again, for all of your help. I have submitted the proposal and will update
the wiki to reflect the final version.

> Best,
> Jeff K.
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Pierce, Marlon <marpierc@iu.edu <mailto:marpierc@iu.edu>>
wrote:
> Agreed, looks good. Please update your submission.
>
> From: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
> Date: Friday, March 25, 2016 at 12:32 PM
> To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org <mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
>
> Subject: Re: [GSoC Proposal] In-Situ Simulation Monitoring and Analysis Using Apache
Airavata

> You did a great uplift of the proposal, great job.I suggest submit a final copy immediately.

> Suresh
>
>> On Mar 25, 2016, at 12:28 PM, Jeffery Kinnison <Jeffery.D.Kinnison.1@nd.edu <mailto:Jeffery.D.Kinnison.1@nd.edu>>
wrote:

>> Thank you all for your feedback. I have addressed the many fantastic suggestions
and believe that the proposal is just about complete in terms of content.

>> If the team could review the updated proposal, I would much appreciate it.
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/16BCTV__tA9h2Pnx1annaBIJaU2Jmma1ayTHV6BNMzNA/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16BCTV__tA9h2Pnx1annaBIJaU2Jmma1ayTHV6BNMzNA/edit?usp=sharing>

>> Best,
>> Jeff K.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:47 AM, Sandra Gesing <sandra.gesing@nd.edu <mailto:sandra.gesing@nd.edu>>
wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I think a graphical sketch of the architecture of the services would be a great addition
to your proposal.

>> Thanks,
>> Sandra
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Sandra Gesing
>> Research Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
>> Computational Scientist, Center for Research Computing
>> University of Notre Dame
>> http://www3.nd.edu/~sgesing <http://www3.nd.edu/~sgesing>
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Miller, Mark <mmiller@sdsc.edu <mailto:mmiller@sdsc.edu>>
wrote:
>> I like this proposal also very much, and agree with what Sandy said as well.
>>

>> Mark
>>

>>   <>

feature in Airavata that users can directly search for certain terms in a log file and intermediate
results additionally to see the whole log file and intermediate values.