airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <goshe...@indiana.edu>
Subject Excessive instances (vms) created on Jetstream
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 06:30:35 GMT
Hi all,

I just noticed that there have been a lot of machines been created on Jetstream cloud. The
name of the machines (AiravataTest) hint that they might have been created via Junit tests
that were written to test the OpenStack implementation, and somehow the machines did not get
deleted on termination of the Junit test case.

I haven't counted but there seem to be more than 80 such machines created (~4-5 pages with
20 machines listed on each). Earlier in the evening as well there were around 20-30 such machines
created which I had deleted. These instances are of size "m1.large" and some "m1.medium" running
for more than 6 hrs.

May be the Junit tests are failing for some reason, but the machines can be deleted via the
UI (Horizon).

Thanks and Regards,
Gourav Shenoy