airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Comment on documentation
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 16:53:32 GMT
Thanks, Eroma and Suresh for getting the Airavata installation documentation [1] together.
I want to put a couple of comments on the record (for future Googling) but I don’t think
they yet merit inclusion in the full document or a Jira bug.

I’m installing on Mac with Homebrew for RabbitMQ and MySQL, which works fine.  One small
gotcha was that mysql _secure_installation set my password strength to the “medium” default
[2]. This seems to be a difference between MySQL and MariaDB behavior.  Medium strength requires
upper and lower case characters, a number, a special character, and at least 8 characters
total.  So the default passwords for the airavata user that are used in the document won’t
work.

To set password strength to low, see for example [3]. I’m not recommending this, just saying
this allow someone to follow the current instructions.

Marlon

[1] https://github.com/apache/airavata-docs
[2] https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/validate-password-plugin.html
[3] http://qiita.com/liubin/items/3722ab10a73154863bd4