airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ GSOC prosposal ]
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:05:59 GMT
Hi Bikramjeet,

Since you have early in the process, you had good amount of insists from us. You can submit
it, but i would encourage you to start working on smaller proof of concept pieces during next
few weeks so reviewers can have more informed opinions.

An example suggestion will be, take an example swing application and port it to Pivot and
also to FX and write a honest comparison from a beginner perspective. All the apache projects
follow “Apache Way” where in we call community over code. So you will not be offending
any one by sharing your frank opinions as long as they are constructive. Even better, you
should consider contributing patches. Lets say by means of this example, you found FX has
something better than Pivot, first you should point that out, and next you should try and
volunteer to make that change in Pivot, of course working with the dev lists.

So shift gears from proposal and get started on a POC.

Suresh

> On Mar 25, 2016, at 8:59 AM, Bikramjeet Singh <singh.bikramjeet3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello sir,
> Kindly have a look at my revised proposal in which I have proposed using Apache Pivot
in place of JavaFX and revised all the deliverables and milestones as suggested my Marlon
Sir.

> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> This applies to every one.
>
> The deadline is in about 4 hours from now - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160325T1700
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160325T1700>

> Submit a copy of the proposal in as-is conditions so you make sure to get one in.
>
> ** DO NOT WAIT FOR FURTHER REVIEWS ** if we review and provide suggestions, you can update
a latest version.

> Suresh
>

>> On Mar 25, 2016, at 8:06 AM, Jatin Balodhi <mywork.jatin@gmail.com <mailto:mywork.jatin@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Marlon,
>>
>> I've made changes to my GSOC proposal draft according to your comments. Can you review
it before i submit it to GSOC site .