airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Apache Airavata Web-Based Workflow Editor
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 12:46:06 GMT
Hi Menaka and thanks for your interest. Please see the GSOC timeline, https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline.
 The deadline is not far off so you will need to develop your proposal very quickly.  I recommend
that you review successful GSOC proposals from last year [1]. [2] was a particularly good
proposal with a lot of thought up front that led to a very successful implementation. I don’t
think this was a coincidence.

Projects should be determined by the student after they carefully review the code and interact
with the developers on the developer list to understand the problem. So I recommend you start
with some more specific questions. It is always also a good idea to see if you can then answer
your own questions after you formulate them, and then confirm your answers on the developer
list.

Again, we appreciate your interest.  GSOC projects are a unique opportunity to learn how open
source projects work. We are looking for students who are very self-motivated and capable
of articulating the details of their projects.

Thanks,

Marlon

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/GSoC+2015

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/%5BGSoC+Proposal%5D+Securing+Airavata+API

From: Menaka Madushanka <menaka12350@gmail.com<mailto:menaka12350@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2016 at 3:22 AM
To: "dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>" <dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
Subject: [GSOC] Apache Airavata Web-Based Workflow Editor

Hello,

I'm Menaka Madushanka, a final year undergraduate at Faculty of Engineering, University of
Peradeniya Sri Lanka.
I went through the project idea and I'm very interested in doing this project for GSoC this
year.
I'll be very grateful if I could have some more information about the project and instructions.

Thank you very much
Menaka Madushanka

--
Menaka Madushanka Jayawardena