airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Airavata GSoC Proposals - 2016
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:58:49 GMT
Hi All,

It is great
​to ​
see lot of GSoC proposals coming up for Airavata. More proposals -> more
competitive proposal acceptance.  This year Airavata PMC
​will ​
try to evaluate proposals regarding some guidelines, having a good
comprehensive proposal with doable milestone is a best way to start.
Evaluation
​ depends ​
not only on how good your proposal is but also how much you have step
​ped​
in that direction. For an example, understanding Airavata architecture is
one major step for those who will work with Airavata server side or/and
some PoC level implementation would help you to show us how much you are
capable of complet
​ing​
the task that you
​ are​
proposing with your GSoC proposals.  This time Apache GSoC is more
competitive hence use your time wisely from right now to 22nd April(Accepted
student proposals announced date). I think this is fair decision as whole
purpose of GSoC is for students to learn something new and contribute to
the Open Source.

 As Airavata PMC we would like to get a GSoC slot for every student, but in
reality we are part of Apach
​e​
projects pool so
​l​
et's show your talent and try to reserve a GSoC slot with Apache this time.

Good luck with your GSoC 2016,
Thanks,
Shameera (on behalf of Airavata PMC).
--