airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC Proposal] Cloud based clusters for Apache Airavata
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 01:14:50 GMT
Hello,

I was trying to understand the end result flow of the Airavata with Cloud
Orchestrator and had the following question:-

Once the cluster has been setup, as we discussed, an ansible or some
configuration management tool would boostrap and configure mesos. Which
component in Airavata would host and call the ansible script and what event
would trigger it?

Thanks.

Regards,
Mangirish

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangirish@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for your feedback Suresh!
>
> I have mentioned about the Autoscaling in the Heat Orchestration solution,
> which does the dynamic scaling of resources in an existing cloud. Please
> let me know if you think that needs to be restructured.
>
> Also, I have updated the Google doc and Wiki with the revised proposal,
> after making changes as per Marlon's review comments.
>
> I request you to please review again and check if there is anything that
> needs still needs to be revised.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Regards,
> Mangirish
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mangirish,
>>
>> Your proposal has all the required good detail. One optional addition you
>> can clarify on if you can expand or contract resources to a previously
>> provisioned cloud.
>>
>> Suresh
>>
>> On Mar 23, 2016, at 9:10 PM, Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangirish@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Shameera for the info and sharing the JIRA Epic details.
>>
>> I have drafted my GSOC Proposal for the project and I request you to
>> please review the same:-
>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/GSOC+Proposal-+Cloud+Based+Clusters+for+Apache+Airavata
>>
>> I shall submit this on the GSOC portal by tomorrow, once I get my
>> enrollment verification proof.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mangirish
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
>> shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mangirish,
>>>
>>> Yes your above understanding is right. Gfac is like task executor which
>>> execute what ever task given by Orchestrator.
>>>
>>> Here is the epic https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1924,
>>> Open stack integration is part of this epic, you can create a new top level
>>> jira ticket and create subtask under that ticket.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Shameera.

Comet