airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC Proposal] Cloud based clusters for Apache Airavata
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:56:27 GMT
Hello Team,

I was drafting the GSOC proposal and I just had a quick question about the
integration of the project with Apache Airavata.

Which is the component in Airavata that would call the service to provision
the cloud cluster?

I am looking at the Airavata architecture diagram and my understanding is
that this would be treated as a new Application and would have a separate
application interface in 'Application Factory' component. Also the workflow
orchestrator would be having the intelligence to figure out which jobs to
be submitted to cloud based clusters.

Please let me know whether my understanding is correct.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mangirish Wagle