airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC proposal - Apache Airavata and Jupyter Integration on the Use Case for Molecular Dynamics
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 22:19:09 GMT
Hi Ethan,

How do you plan to invoke Airavata from Jupyter? Airavata uses thrift which can generate multiple
language clients. For example, can you use Python examples like [1]. Will this require using
an existing iPython kernel [2] or will you have to write a new Airavata kernel?

Suresh

[1] https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/airavata-python-sdk/src/main/resources/samples/createExperiment.py
[2] - https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPython-kernels-for-other-languages <https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPython-kernels-for-other-languages>

Here is the link as well: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o4TYCqgMZHbCcGBoGq1RNs2hvR3xdd2-WCerCQPt7K8/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o4TYCqgMZHbCcGBoGq1RNs2hvR3xdd2-WCerCQPt7K8/edit?usp=sharing>.

> I am still figuring out the details of my deliverables and milestones with my mentor
and should include them shortly. Please let me know what comments you have about the project.