airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <goshe...@indiana.edu>
Subject Apache Airavata Testdrive feedback
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:39:22 GMT
I faced this issue when I was following the "Create Account" tutorial on Apache Airavata Test
Drive. The description is as follows:

1.       I requested an account on Apache Airavata Testdrive (https://testdrive.airavata.org/create
(Links to an external site.))

2.       I got an email with regarding account activation.

3.       I clicked the account activation link, and was redirected to account login (https://testdrive.airavata.org/login
(Links to an external site.)).

4.       I entered my credentials, and was successfully logged into the portal. I could also
see my username.

5.       But I couldn't see any projects listed (see attached image). My guess is that the
account admin has not yet approved/added me to the default project (as the guide suggests).

I don't know if I should categorize this as a bug, but as of now a user cannot do any experiments
on the testdrive.

My suggestion (as of now, as I didn't get to run any experiments) is that there should be
some kind of notification/progress menu, which tells the user if he has been added to a project/pending
approval/etc.