airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding a SGE resourceJobManagerType
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:30:05 GMT
SGE - Sun Grid Engine is the old variant of Univa Grid Engine, so you should pick UGE in Airavata
and should be good to go. SGE/UGE implement PBS protocol so parsing should be similar. Lonestar4
used to have UGE, so email parsing should be similar to that.

Suresh

> On Feb 24, 2016, at 10:17 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> There are couple of things you need to do to add a new jobmanager type.
>
> 1. Configure your SGE resource type in gfac yaml config file (airavata/modules/configuration/server/src/main/resources/gfac-config.yaml.config).
 As you can see you need to provide an output parser and email parser for your SGE, Unless
you can't use existing implementations you need to come up with your own implementations of
these interfaces.

> 2. Don't modify thrift generated file, instead add your new ResourceJobManagerType to
airavata/thrift-interface-descriptions/data-models/resource-catalog-models/compute_resource_model.thrift
 file and generate thrift classes.

> 3. Come up with SGE JobConfiguration class, and modify org.apache.airavata.gfac.impl.Factory#getJobManagerConfiguration
method to provide it. You should have xslt template for your SGE script file.

> let us know if you hit any issue while you following these steps.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:53 AM Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com <mailto:kamalasini@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> To understand what you did, you added a new ResourceJobManagerType in the thrift definition
as "SGE" ? I assume you generate thrift stubs after adding it.  For that, you need to have
thrift 0.93 installed in your system.

> Thanks..
> Chathuri
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Eric Kuyt <eric.kuijt@wur.nl <mailto:eric.kuijt@wur.nl>>
wrote:
> Hey all, I am playing around with airavata and when I can run jobs on my SGE using PBS
but the parsing of qsub / qstat fails. So my jobs never leave the Executing state.