airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a SGE resourceJobManagerType
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:17:40 GMT
Hi Eric,

There are couple of things you need to do to add a new jobmanager type.

1. Configure your SGE resource type in gfac yaml config file
(airavata/modules/configuration/server/src/main/resources/gfac-config.yaml.config).
As you can see you need to provide an output parser and email parser for
your SGE, Unless you can't use existing implementations you need to come up
with your own implementations of these interfaces.

2. Don't modify thrift generated file, instead add your new
ResourceJobManagerType to
airavata/thrift-interface-descriptions/data-models/resource-catalog-models/compute_resource_model.thrift
 file and generate thrift classes.

3. Come up with SGE JobConfiguration class, and
modify org.apache.airavata.gfac.impl.Factory#getJobManagerConfiguration
method to provide it. You should have xslt template for your SGE script
file.

let us know if you hit any issue while you following these steps.

Thanks,
Shameera.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:53 AM Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> To understand what you did, you added a new ResourceJobManagerType in the
> thrift definition as "SGE" ? I assume you generate thrift stubs after
> adding it.  For that, you need to have thrift 0.93 installed in your
> system.
>
> Thanks..
> Chathuri
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Eric Kuyt <eric.kuijt@wur.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hey all, I am playing around with airavata and when I can run jobs on my
>> SGE using PBS but the parsing of qsub / qstat fails. So my jobs never leave
>> the Executing state.
>>
>> Now I try to make my own SGEJobConfiguration class.
>> Created the class plus outputParser in org.apache.airavata.gfac.impl.job
>>
>> - add SGE
>> in /airavata-gfac-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/gfac/impl/Factory.java
>>
>> - add SGE
>> in /airavata-data-models/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/model/appcatalog/computeresource/ResourceJobManagerType.java
>>
>> - add SGE to
>> airavata-php-gateway/app/libraries/Airavata/Model/Job/Types.php in PGA.
>>
>> What should the next step be? if I Wanted to create my own
>> SGEOutputparser?
>> PGA now gives me a Required field 'resourceJobManagerType' is unset! when
>> I select SGE in the list.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> --
>> Central Veterinary Institute of Wageningen UR (CVI)
>> Department of Infection Biology
>> PO box 65, 8200 AB Lelystad, NL
>> Visiting address: ASG, Edelhertweg 15, 8219 PH Lelystad
>>
>> Tel:  +31-(0)320-293391
>> Fax: +31-(0)320-238153
>> E-mail: eric.kuijt@wur.nl
>> Web: http://www.cvi.wur.nl