airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Apache visual identity is live --please help share the news!
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:18:50 GMT
Nipurn, Shivika,

Can we target to get a draft of branding+website in time when GSoC students start to look
at the website to find about the project?

Suresh

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 10:00 AM, Nipurn Doshi <nidoshi@umail.iu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Suresh,
>
> Shivika(cc'd in the mail) and I want to take up complete branding+website design work
for Airavata and will aim to finish it with feedback from the community within coming 2 weeks.
Shivika had also previously given logo designs for Airavata logo. Those can be seen on the
JIRA thread here <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1847>.

> We will share new brand and website designs soon on new JIRA threads.
>
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Pierce, Marlon <marpierc@iu.edu <mailto:marpierc@iu.edu>>
wrote:

> +1
>

> On 1/27/16, 9:27 AM, "Suresh Marru" <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:

> >Big time Kudos to Sally and team. Thanks for all your effort.
> >
> >Airavata Folks,
> >
> >Its time to facelift Airavata too. Sally suggests updates to project logos and powered
by before Apache Con. Lets get started. Design Volunteers??

> >Cheers,
> >Suresh
> >
> >> On Jan 27, 2016, at 7:54 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org <mailto:sk@apache.org>>
wrote:

> >> Hello Apache Community members --it's my pleasure to share that, after a year
in the making, the new Apache logo has launched and we are live!

> >> The official announcement is posted at http://s.apache.org/lj <http://s.apache.org/lj>
and tweeted at https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/692326634519658496 <https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/692326634519658496>
 Please share this with your communities.

> >> Our new identity is now on the apache.org <http://apache.org/> homepage.
The graphics page at http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/ <http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/>
has also been updated with the images that we have at present. Feel free to use the Apache
feather glyph to update your project logos as well as the "Powered By" template. There is
no specific deadline required for these updates, but if you could use the upcoming ApacheCon
(9-13 May) as a target, that would be great.

> >> We will continue to update the site as the final assets and formal style guide
become available. Feel free to ping me if you need anything in the interim.

> >> Many thanks to HotWax Systems and Lucidworks for joining forces and creating
our beautiful new identity in alignment with The Apache Way.

> >> Extra special thanks to Daniel Takamori and Daniel Gruno from the ASF Infrastructure
team for helping get our new look online. Go Apache!