airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Commit and Issues mailing list
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 20:20:31 GMT
A very happy new year to All, hope you had a relaxing break.

Since the dev and user lists have been quieter, I just want to send a reminder that to follow
development of Airavata you will also need to watch the issues and commit mailing lists. Description
of all lists and subscription information is at - [1]

Airavata Committers & PMC,

Just a reminder that Airavata and most Apache projects  (it may be all, but cannot find a
authoritative reference) follow Lazy Consensus [2] for code commits and follow CTR model [3].
Contributors follow RTC [4]. So implicitly it is required for us to keep an eye on commit
and issues mailing lists.

Cheers,
Suresh
[1] - http://airavata.apache.org/community/mailing-lists.html <http://airavata.apache.org/community/mailing-lists.html>
[2] - http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus <http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus>
[3] - http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview <http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview>
[4] - http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit <http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit>

> On Jul 30, 2014, at 7:36 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1
>

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> With no objections I will request a issues mailing list to be created. If you think its
a bad idea, please gripe.

> Suresh
>
> On Jul 22, 2014, at 8:36 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu <mailto:marpierc@iu.edu>>
wrote:

> > +1
> >
> > On 7/22/14, 6:47 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> To keep the dev list focussed on discussions and reduce the JIRA noise, how
about we create a new issues mailing list and have all JIRA’s send to that mailing list.
We need to make it mandatory for all PMC and committers to subscribe to it and the community
is welcome to join. It will be a public mailing list.