airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.15 - RC1
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 11:19:17 GMT
Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.15 release candidate 1.

Apologies for hanging onto release of 0.15 for too long. Perfection is the enemy here, instead
of waiting further more to get the releases right with PGA and Airavata and a good verification
mechanism, I am just posting for the server.

The server bundle verification should be trivial:
* Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files.
* Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is verifiable.
* Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a public server

Verifying the binary is a bit tricky as there is no bundled client. If you have locally installed
0.15 branch PGA you can point to the RC1 airavata and test. Note that Apache projects release
sources and binaries are convenient distribution only. As long as the source and binaries
are legally correct, its still is a good release. By 0.16 release we should device a good
mechanism for functional validation of the release.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release, please

For reference, the Apache release guide  - http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html <http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html>

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,
Suresh
(On Behalf of Airavata PMC)