airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: launching a job through Airavata to Mesos cluster
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 15:23:01 GMT
Pankaj can you clarify the following:

Do you want an Airavata instance to run some dockerized applications scheduled by Mesos? Or
do you just need a client which will connect to Airavata hosted and managed by Mesos/Marathon?

Suresh

> On Oct 28, 2015, at 10:50 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Pankaj,
>
> Wich version of Airavata you are working on?  what is the data transfer protocol? What
is the job submission protocol?

> Short answer:  if you are using Airavata 0.15 then you need to write new Provider implementation
to submit the request to Mesos/Marathon cluster.  But if you are using Airavata 16.0 which
is current master, then you need to write JobSubmissionTask implementation. Either case you
can go through the existing implementations, for Provider implementation see  SSHProvider
 and JobSubmissionTask implementation see SSHJobSubmissionTask.

> If I get the answers to my questions then i can provide exactly what you need to do.
BTW we have cleaned our internal architecture in Airavata 16.0, as a developer you would find
it easy to work with Airavata 16.0 that Airavata 15.0. But notice master is not yet stable
as Airavata 15.0.

> Regards,
> Shameera.
>

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 1:53 PM Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu <mailto:psaha4@binghamton.edu>>
wrote:
> Hello Shameera,
> I am working on jet-stream project, where I have to find out a way to submit a job in
mesos/marathon cluster through Airavata client. I don't have much idea from where to start
looking into. Can you please give some clue so that I can start working and making changes
to java code for the same.