airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: launching a job through Airavata to Mesos cluster
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:08:49 GMT
Hi Pankaj, can you say more about what you mean by “launch a dockerized job”?

Marlon

From: Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu<mailto:psaha4@binghamton.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:56 AM
To: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
Cc: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: launching a job through Airavata to Mesos cluster

Hi Suresh,

My initial understanding is, I have to launch a dockerized job through Airavata which will
be run in the Mesos cluster.  I was looking for the code which submits jobs and wanted to
make changes such a way that it can submit docker containers to Mesos/Marathon cluster.

I can use 0.15 branch and I have no idea about data transfer protocol and job submission protocols
that Shameera has mentioned. I may want to submit jobs by submitting a JSON through command
line or any other way that you guys feel is more appropriate.

I can talk to Prof. Madhu and let you know more on the requirement.

Thanks
Pankaj

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>