airavata-dev mailing list archives

From K Yoshimoto <kenn...@sdsc.edu>
Subject Re: Job Submission Limit
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 17:10:38 GMT

 The point is that the policy limit could change at any time.
If it does, and there is a mismatch in the limit at the resource
and the limit in Airavata, bad things will happen.  Schedulers
will vary in the format of their policy limit output, so it's
more reliable to monitor actual job submissions and handle failures.
Remember that it's possible for job limits to vary for a single
resource not only on queue name, but on job characteristics,
such as allocation account, core count, wall clock limit, etc.