airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Removing Java Endorsed Paths from startup scripts
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:38:37 GMT
On Jul 6, 2015, at 12:03 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Pankaj,

you can use following steps on your Dockerfile to install java. After that
java will be available anywhere and you don't need to set PATH variable ,
But you need to set JAVA_HOME variable which is used by airavata start
script.

Hi All,

The only requirement as far as I can tell for the JAVA_HOME need within
Airavata startup scripts is to load the endorsed libraries. Since we are no
longer overloading any standard libraries, I think we can safely deprecate
the use of endorsed directories and hence the need to have JAVA_HOME.  We
can then startup Airavata as long as Java is on the path.

I just commented all the endorsed and java home portions and it seems to
work so far for local jobs. I haven’t tried SSH based cluster submissions.

Thoughts?

Suresh