airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <smarru.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question for dynamic substitution for scientific workflows
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:03:20 GMT
Hi Faye,

You are on the right mailing list to contact the GSoC students.

Doug, John,

Can you please share your meta-scheduling goals with Faye and brainstorm on
how the workflow scenario Faye is describing can layer over your solutions?
It might take few back and forth emails until the goals are clear.

Suresh

On Jul 22, 2015, at 10:38 AM, 宇菲 <13210240041@fudan.edu.cn> wrote:

Hi,
  OK. Thank Suresh and Marlon. I have already done all the tutorials before.
  Since you are all busy this month, I will try my best by myself recently.
However, Suresh said that "there are couple of Google Summer of Code
students working on a related project. It will be good if you could
collaborate them." How can I contact with them?

Faye

-----原始邮件-----
*发件人:*"Suresh Marru" <smarru@apache.org>
*发送时间:*2015-07-22 21:39:56 (星期三)
*收件人:* dev@airavata.apache.org
*抄送:*
*主题:* Re: Question for dynamic substitution for scientific workflows

Hi Faye,

This will be a good contribution to Airavata. For real-world workflow
examples, you can read at -
https://sites.google.com/site/earthcubeworkflow/workflow-vignettes
We can help you construct some of them, but unfortunately we are all tied
up with a Airavata tutorial until end of the month. In August we can work
with you and get started with some workflows which can benefit from your
research problem.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try out the quick start tutorials -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Airavata+Quick-Start+Tutorials
These will help you with single application scenarios. The GSoC project is
related to providing dynamic substitution for this single application. This
mailing list if the right place to exchange ideas and collaborate. You can
build on the GSoC meta-scheduling work and implement the dynamic workflow
aspects. We will work with you, but please bear with us for few days.

Suresh