airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docker containers in mesos/ marathon
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 06:29:26 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

Sorry if I am missing something here. When you automate these and when you
want to parse ip address between containers, you can use hostname inside
the docker images and all the other places and when you run you can parse
the ip with --add-host='hostname:<ip of some dependent container>'.  Ex: If
we want to configure rabbitmq ip inside airavata docker image we should not
use IP, instead we can use host name "rabbitmq" and when airavata container
starts you can use --add-host='rabbitmq:<rabbitmq-container-ip>'.

Now to get the rabbitmq-container-ip you can use docker inspect and
automate it. So if you restart rabbitmq then airavata has to restart
because rabbitmq gets a new address. If I get the situation correct here, I
would just get things working with this limitation. Then if we can get this
working with container linking this issue will anyways go away, any
container can be restarted without much trouble. Can you please send me the
Dockerfile you had the issue with container linking with steps on how to
reproduce ?