airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata Docker Available !!
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 15:30:57 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

I had a quick look. I think you can replace all the code to install java
and maven if you use this image [1] or at least java-8 image.

I think its not necessary to build airavata inside the dockerfile, you can
just assume its built in host machine and you just have to put required
executables in to the docker image.
When you create he image maven and source code it not necessary at all.
Docker image should only contain required binaries, source code doesn't
have to in the image.

[1]
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/jamesdbloom/docker-java8-maven/dockerfile/

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu> wrote:

> I am so sorry , I have no intention to hide any docker code.I am attaching
> the docker files here.I have never done git check in and trying to upload
> files and its not working. I am trying to understand the git pull
> request/setting up git directory etc.
>
> My apology if I unnecessary delayed it.
>

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pankaj,
>>
>> Open source software can never be final. Once the software is final, the
>> community is dead, because there is nothing for anyone to do. An important
>> aspect for all the GSoC students to embrace is, these are not academic
>> projects where you submit the final code. You are supposed to commit every
>> few hours of code, you need to do the development in open. We have been
>> lenient on this so far, but you have been holding off the docker work
>> little too long. Please do commit the docker files in as in condition.
>> Thats the only way you can engage others, otherwise you will loose everyone
>> interest.
>>
>> Suresh
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <
>> glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure what is the big deal here, Why don't you create a pull request
>>> and every one can review it. It doesn't have to be finalized at all. People
>>> will comment and you can follow the comments and after multiple reviews we
>>> can  move ti to the the code base.
>>>
>>> I propose to create a folder struction like this and put the docker
>>> files.
>>>
>>> airavata/deploy/thrift, airavata/deploy/rabbitmq,
>>> airavata/deploy/zookeeper. Create a directory for every image you build
>>> with proper naming and add the Dockerfile and other scripts if there's any.
>>>
>>> Lahiru

What I

We can do

address>*