airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata Docker Available !!
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:03:37 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

you can use following steps on your Dockerfile to install java. After that
java will be available anywhere and you don't need to set PATH variable ,
But you need to set JAVA_HOME variable which is used by airavata start
script.

# Install prerequisites
RUN apt-get update
RUN apt-get install -y software-properties-common

# Install java8
RUN add-apt-repository -y ppa:webupd8team/java
RUN apt-get update
RUN echo oracle-java8-installer shared/accepted-oracle-license-v1-1 select
true | sudo /usr/bin/debconf-set-selections
RUN apt-get install -y oracle-java8-installer

# set JAVA_HOME
ENV JAVA_HOME /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle

Regards,
Shameera.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 11:56 AM Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu> wrote:

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> 1. So you suggest to use the "java8 with maven" as the base image.
> dockerfile/java:oracle-java8 is not based on ubuntu image and also its not
> official image from oracle, can we use still use that?
>
> 2. Do you suggest to put only the executables for airavata inside the
> docker image? Does that mean docker file will copy the local host machine's
> airavata executable files to the docker image through ADD directive?
> So I will build the airavata source code locally through maven and then
> put that inside the container image.
>
> 3. One thing that I could not able to do was changing the properties
> values for different port and server ips when the containers starts. I was
> trying to run a startup shell script which can do the required changes and
> then kick start the airavat-server.sh file.
> problem was  airavata-server.properties need apiserver.server.host =
> current running containers ip address. Can you suggest some better way to
> achieve this through shell script.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj
>

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <
> glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pankaj,
>>
>> I had a quick look. I think you can replace all the code to install java
>> and maven if you use this image [1] or at least java-8 image.
>>
>> I think its not necessary to build airavata inside the dockerfile, you
>> can just assume its built in host machine and you just have to put required
>> executables in to the docker image.
>> When you create he image maven and source code it not necessary at all.
>> Docker image should only contain required binaries, source code doesn't
>> have to in the image.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/jamesdbloom/docker-java8-maven/dockerfile/
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am so sorry , I have no intention to hide any docker code.I am
>>> attaching the docker files here.I have never done git check in and trying
>>> to upload files and its not working. I am trying to understand the git pull
>>> request/setting up git directory etc.
>>>
>>> My apology if I unnecessary delayed it.

What I
inside the container.