airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata Docker Available !!
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 21:11:19 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

See my comments inline.

> docker attach server
>>
> awk 'NR==1 {print $1}' /etc/hosts    ---- note the ip address of the
>> running container

can't we use "docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.IPAddress }}'
server " to get airavata server docker container ip ?

> pico airavata-server.properties
>

> Replaces the below text as suggested below
> apiserver.server.host= *<current containers ip address>*
> default.registry.gateway=*default*
> rabbitmq.broker.url=amqp://*<rabbit MQ's ip address>*:5672
> save changes.
>
> pico /etc/bash.bashrc
>

> add below lines at the end
>
> #JAVA_HOME
>> JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk/jdk1.8.0_05

You can improve you docker file to add this variables using ENV command.

> export JAVA_HOME
>> PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
>> export PATH
>
> save changes.

How you install java 8?, There is a way to install java on docker which
automatically available in PATH variable. You don't have to set it here. It
is good if you can show us the Dockerfiles then we can review those files.
is it available online ?

Thanks,
Shameera.