airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: review - docker pga
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:24:47 GMT
Hi Pankaj,

I think it always good create minimum layers with docker images, because it
is required to download large number of layers when you push this to
registry. base on that I would suggest to create one layer for all
prerequisites and one layer for all php extensions. e.g.: RUN apt-get
install -y apache2 php5

What are the things you copy here "COPY ./ /var/www/airavata-php-gateway"  ?
 #--------- modifying the 000default file   section without copy command,
can be reduced to one layer.

If you going to contribute this to Apache, you may need to change
MAINTAINER to "Apache Airavata Community"

BTW what about other docker files?

Thanks,
Shameera

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:21 PM Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu> wrote:

> Hi Lahiru/shameera,
>
> Can you please once again review the docker file for airavata pga and send
> your comments.They are available at github:
> https://github.com/pankajsaha/dockerfiles. Dockerfile should be present
> at the root of the airavata-php-gateway source tree structure.
>
> also you can see it here at attachment.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj
>

> --