airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Saha <psa...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Airavata Docker Available !!
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 20:44:27 GMT
All three required docker containers for Airavata is available now.
1.RabbitMQ
2.Airavata Server
3.Airavata PGA

How to setup all three in a local host?

*Installing RabbitMQ:*

docker pull rabbitmq:3-management
> docker run -i -d --name rabbit -p 15672:15672 -t rabbitmq:3-management

To find the rabbit dockers ip use the below command

docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.IPAddress }}' rabbit

*Installing Airavata Server:*

docker pull psaha4/airavata_server
> docker run -i -d --name server -t psaha4/airavata_server

It need some manual changes as we have not decided yet how to pass the
required variables to the container. Once decided we can replace this with
a startup shell scrip.

docker attach server

awk 'NR==1 {print $1}' /etc/hosts    ---- note the ip address of the
> running container

pico airavata-server.properties

Replaces the below text as suggested below
apiserver.server.host= *<current containers ip address>*
default.registry.gateway=*default*
rabbitmq.broker.url=amqp://*<rabbit MQ's ip address>*:5672
save changes.

pico /etc/bash.bashrc

add below lines at the end

#JAVA_HOME
> JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk/jdk1.8.0_05
> export JAVA_HOME
> PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
> export PATH

save changes.

cd
> /git/airavata/modules/distribution/server/target/apache-airavata-server-0.15-SNAPSHOT/bin
>  ./airavata-server.sh

Once server is running detach the container by below sequence of control
buttons.

> Ctrl+P Ctrl+Q

Note: don't type exit, this will stop the container.Restarting container
will change the containers ip address.

*Installing Airavata PGA:*

docker pull psaha4/airavata_pga
> docker run -i -d --name pga -p 8080:80 -t psaha4/airavata_pga /bin/bash
> docker attach pga
> cd /var/www/airavata-php-gateway/app/config
> pico pga_config.php

Edit the suggested changes as below

 airavata-server' => '*<server containers ip address >*'
 airavata-port' => '*8930*'
Now try in the local browser
http://localhost:8080/airavata-php-gateway/public/home
 Done!!
*Test :* login with your user id/password and there should not exist any
existing old data.

Please let me know if anyone find any difficulties during installing the
containers.

Thanks
Pankaj