airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Saha <psa...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Re: airavata-server docker open issues
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:35:23 GMT
Yes my startup script reading the ip of the container and on startup and
 its replacing the properties file's value.

What I am asking is how this can be achieved by system properties (as you
suggested earlier ) without manipulating the properties file?
Do you suggest to set that as env variable on start up and then this env
variable can be auto replaced in the airavata-server properties file? I
don't know how I can achieve that replacement.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:

> For this we can use entry point or startup script which set
> apiserve.server.host=<docker-ip> system property. You can read docker-ip at
> startup, you already do this in startup script isn't it?.
>

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM Pankaj Saha <psaha4@binghamton.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Shameera,
>> Ok if this is the case then we are okay. For rabbitmq host ip this will
>> work then.
>> but problem with a*piserver.server.host=localhost* will still exist.
>> Every time we start a container this will change and we can not pass this
>> ass env variables as we don't know the ip of a container until it starts.
>>
>> please suggest if you have any way out to this problem.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Pankaj
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:44 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
>> shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pankaj,
>>>
>>> If you pass environment variable then you don't want to edit property
>>> file. Airavata give priority to system property then properties from
>>> airavata-server.properties file. Hence you don't need to edit properties