airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Saha <psa...@binghamton.edu>
Subject airavata-server docker open issues
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:47:22 GMT
Hello Devs,

Here are few open items that we need to fix before we allow Dockerfile to
be part of  airavata source tree.

1. airavata-server.sh still has dependency on JAVA_HOME env variable. Which
we have to change manually after creating docker container.

2. airavata-server.properties file needs to be modified with host address
of rabbitmq. Are we planning to pass them as an env variable while running
the docker? Then we need to change the properties file such that it can
identify the env variable and replace it.

3. apiserver.server.host=localhost needs to be changed to the
apiserver.server.host=container ip. Container ip will the ip address of the
running container. Which can be fetched by "wk 'NR==1 {print $1}'
/etc/hosts" command. We need to plan how we are going to feed these values
to the properties file without manual changes.

Thanks
Pankaj