airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Schwartz, Terri" <te...@sdsc.edu>
Subject docker use case
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:09:35 GMT
Hi,

I've been noticing the emails back and forth about dockerfiles for airavata and am curious
about your decision to use docker.   We're contemplating using docker and would benefit from
understanding your decision.  I'd appreciate it if someone would explain:

- Why you decided to use docker?

- Who do you expect to use docker to install airavata components, .eg., just airavata developers?
 Or also third parties that want to install airavata?

- Will docker be the primary (or recommended, or only documented) way of installing airavata?

- In our own case, I'm concerned that some sys admins aren't all that crazy about running
docker yet, due to security concerns.   Do you see this as an issue for your use case?

Thanks very much,
Terri