airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierce, Marlon" <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 12:55:06 GMT
Let me phrase that a little better.  We should make it as easy as possible for people to get
Airavata and its supporting services up and running.  But embedding services in a  single
VM seems like a drain on effort to support an artificial use case.   I think it is more interesting
to look at a coordinating framework above Maven that can build and deploy Airavata and services
in a simple way for new users that also will scale to a production deployment.

Marlon

From: <Pierce>, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu<mailto:marpierc@iu.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM
To: "dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>" <dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?

For what it worth, I think we should find a different route than embedding if this is only
to make it easy for downloaders to get up and running.

Marlon

From: Hasini Gunasinghe <hasi7786@gmail.com<mailto:hasi7786@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 8:38 AM
To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>

Hi Suresh,

Ideally, WSO2 IS (and other WSO2 products in general) can be run in embedded mode.
However, there will be many implications of doing that such as increasing the size of the
Airavata distribution (WSO2 IS default distribution is 315 MB - you can install only the necessary
features, however, that will not decrease the additional size significantly) and slowing down
the Airavata startup.
Therefore, IMO, it is good to run it separately (since Airavata already depends on such separately
run servers such as RabbitMQ).
However, if you want to consider embedding it, I can test it at PoC level and report the exact
implications (such as the increase in the size of the distribution etc.). Let me know what
you think.

Best Regards,
Hasini.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>