airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Hasini Gunasinghe <hasi7...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 12:38:24 GMT
Hi Suresh,

Ideally, WSO2 IS (and other WSO2 products in general) can be run in
embedded mode.
However, there will be many implications of doing that such as increasing
the size of the Airavata distribution (WSO2 IS default distribution is 315
MB - you can install only the necessary features, however, that will not
decrease the additional size significantly) and slowing down the Airavata
startup.
Therefore, IMO, it is good to run it separately (since Airavata already
depends on such separately run servers such as RabbitMQ).
However, if you want to consider embedding it, I can test it at PoC level
and report the exact implications (such as the increase in the size of the
distribution etc.). Let me know what you think.

Best Regards,
Hasini.