airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pankaj Saha <psa...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Re: Docker - airavata
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 03:19:25 GMT
Hey Lahiru,
Thanks for reviewing my script and for your comments.
It is not that I have not think about making a shell script instead of
writing all the RUN commands in Dockerfile, but I think if we want to
create a docker image/container i has to be in docker( that's what I do
understand).

can you explain your comment where you said : *Why are you doing git clone
inside the docker file ?*

Also if you can put little more description about how writing the shell
script create a new image and always create the docker image with the name
of the revision(git describe --tags) will help.

I am little confused. If you please clarify the idea then I can try that
way.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks
Pankaj